The Business Development and Marketing lead will be responsible for contributing to a broad range of practice-specific business development and marketing channels including the Firm’s websites, email marketing and social media channels. The Job holder will work closely with the Chief Innovation Officer and Partners in charge of Business Development and will be responsible for the implementation of the Business Development strategy, while driving the use of marketing technologies at the Firm
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Business Development Strategic Initiatives:
- Develops and manages the annual marketing plan consistent with the Firm’s strategic objectives for the year. The annual marketing plan should also communicate and facilitate the development of the business development/marketing plans for the Firm’s practice groups and lawyers.
- Manages the entire marketing plan cycle from strategic planning to execution and deliver on all marketing and branding activities within the agreed budget.
- Develops and implements creative marketing strategies that supports the brand and drive the Firm’s awareness.
- Participates in the firm’s strategic planning activities with respect to evaluation and improvement of present client relations and services and future business development opportunities and activities.
- Develops and manages the firm’s business development and client services annual budget, which includes marketing expenditures for the firm, practice groups, and individual lawyers.
- Provides proactive advice to the business, set best practice policies for the execution of (digital) marketing campaigns, deliver a high-quality end-user support service and provide system upgrades and enhancements to external platforms.
- Ensures the flow of information from attorneys to marketing team, including as it relates to attorney biographies, practice area description updates, tracking news and activities data, press etc.
- Identifies, evaluates, and makes recommendations for firm/attorney participation in sponsorships, conferences, speaking and writing engagement, and similar events which will promote and increase the industry profile of the Firm and its attorneys both locally and internationally.
- Drafts, edits and distributes marketing materials, internal newsletters, press releases, seminar materials, client updates and other client communications, as needed.
- Manages business development/client services functions, events, and opportunities for the firm, including providing support for firm receptions, conferences, seminars, and other Firm-sponsored events.
- Assists the practice group heads /partners and marketing team to support proposal requests and RFPs.
- Identifies and assesses targeted opportunities for the firm, practice groups and individual attorneys to become involved with/leverage relationships with community organizations.
Expected Skills and Competencies
Education: Minimum of a B.Sc. or HND in Marketing or any other relevant field
Work Experience: 6 years’ marketing/business development experience ,experience in a professional services environment is preferred.
Proficient with MS Word/Excel/Power Point