The job holder will be required to optimize productivity by providing general IT support, dealing with hardware, network and software issues and attending to user complaints & enquiries; working together with a team of IT professionals to deliver a consistently high quality of service and support to end-users.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- First-line support for all desktop and laptop users; provision of user support on Microsoft products such as MS Office (various versions), hardware, software and applications on servers, desktops and laptops.
- End-user and product support for printers, scanners and photocopiers.
- OS Support – Microsoft Windows 7,10 as well as Mac OS.
- Responsible for setting up new users’ profiles and group accounts.
- Local Area Network (LAN) design, implementation, support, daily administration and management. Wireless Network design, implementation, support, daily administration and management
- Provision of dial in details for teleconference services.
- Provision of Video conferencing installation, configuration, and support.
- UPS Inverter power provision and support.
- Take ownership of any IT issues raised in assigned territory; troubleshoot technical issues to ensure swift resolution with minimal disruption to the Business.
- Identify any IT security risks, evaluate various mitigation options and implement suitable measures to increase network and data security; conduct electrical safety checks regularly on computer equipment
- Assist in the development of internal guidance notes, training material and other procedural documents to help staff better understand & use company-provided IT systems.
- Any other duties, tasks and responsibilities assigned in the future to support the Organization’s and IT Department’s Mission in line with Company values.
- Manage and set-up new hardware following Company IT policies and procedures.
- Be the first point of contact for staff for collection of new and replacement hardware (desktops, laptops, telephone boxes, access cards, ID cards, call cards etc.).
- Handling IT services at internal and external events.
- Access control and other devices enrollment and deactivation, testing and troubleshooting.
- Issue management and escalation to external vendor(s).
- Provide technical assistance to project teams; undertake technical project roles when required to support the roll-out of new applications and solutions across the Organization.
- Routine hardware and software maintenance & monitoring.
- Follow regular maintenance procedures for server, firewall and network infrastructure; manage various IT admin systems like remote access, monitored antivirus, ISP, back-up, etc.
- Working with IT security team in troubleshooting security issues and remediating them.
- Disconnecting infected machines from the network.
- Applying recommended fixes and/or patches.
- Rebuilding machines (if required).
Expected Skills and Competencies
Education: Minimum of a Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or similar discipline is essential.Professional qualifications such as CCNA, MCSA (Windows Server & Web applications) are desirable/an added advantage.
Work Experience: 3-5 years of relevant experience in a similar role.
Operational experience in supporting enterprise systems, networks and servers.
Experience in working with Active Directory domain environments, VOIP, IP addressing, teleconferencing, access control systems & IP surveillance systems.
Proven IT user support experience, specifically the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook to support end-users. Able to produce high-quality documentation and experience in creating ‘How To’ guides for staff.
Personal Attributes & Physical Demands
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills are essential.
- Strong troubleshooting, hardware, software, operating systems and networking skills are crucial.
- Strong system and network administration skills are essential
- Strong technical skills with Windows operating systems, AD, GPO, DHCP, DNS, Subnetting, Network Technology.
- Travel within a working day is sometimes needed and may be required at short notice.