Abayomi is a Senior Associate in the Dispute Resolution Practice of the Firm.. He was part of the teams that represented multinational and domestic corporations in high profile commercial disputes and has advised government agencies on several cutting-edge projects in Nigeria. He is the prime mover behind several important arbitration initiatives in Africa. He is the Founder and President of the Association of Young Arbitrators (AYA), Co-Founder of Africa Arbitration, and Managing Editor of the Africa Arbitration Blog. He has completed secondment programs at the London offices of Baker McKenzie LLP and 4-5 Gray’s Inn. Abayomi has been appointed by the Nigerian courts and has sat as an arbitrator in a number of arbitrations in Nigeria.
- Abayomi Okubote, “60 Years of the New York Convention on the Recognition and enforcement of Arbitral Awards: Are we there yet in Africa?”, in 60 Years of the New York Convention: Key Issues and Future Challenges, Katia Fach Gómez, Ana Mercedes López Rodríguez ed. (Kluwer Law International, Netherlands, 2019). ISBN 9789403501550.
- Okubote, Abayomi, Bullying and Harassment in the Workplace – An International Perspective (June 10, 2013). Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3159587. This paper won the International Bar Association’s Scholarship in 2013.
- Nnamdi, Dimgba, and Abayomi Okubote, et al, “Troubled Assets Resolution-In Search of the Best Approach” (The Gravitas Review of Business & Property Law, (2018) Vol. 5 No. 1, 26 March 2018). Available at https://mailchi.mp/8e253c3c244b/the-gravitas-review-1st-quarter2018-issue-out-on-26-march-2644161?e=26caad7dea.
- Doctoral Candidate, Queen’s University, Canada
- Paris Arbitration Academy, France
- LL.M, University College London, United Kingdom
- BL, Nigerian Law School, Abuja
- LL.B, Olabisi Onabanjo University, Nigeria
- Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, United Kingdom