Anuoluwapo is a Partner in the firm’s Mergers and Acquisitions Practice. She has considerable experience in corporate finance, corporate restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, project finance and the capital markets. She has previously worked at Clifford Chance LLP, London where she advised a number of private equity investors on several cross border M & A transactions. She has also played a leading role in several high profile real estate and financing negotiations. Since joining the firm, Anu has established a reputation as a widely exposed, intellectually rigorous and focused advocate of her clients.
- Resource person at the Project Finance & Syndicated Lending Training organised by Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, Lagos, Nigeria, September, 2015
- The Nigerian Debt Capital Market: Bond Offerings, presentation to the Global Corporate and Investment Banking and Legal teams of Bank of America Merill Lynch, London, November 2014
- Finance Litigation Issues: Term Loans & Special Financial Instruments being a paper presented at the Lagos State Judges Conference, 2014
- Security Interests and Security Documentation [being a paper presented at the seminar organised by Oando Plc’s Corporate Finance & Legal Department]
- Loan and Security Documentation being a paper presented at the ESQ Finance Seminar, 2013
- Contribution to “Troubled Assets Resolution”, Vol II of the Legal Aspects of Finance in Emerging Markets Series [published by Olaniwun Ajayi, 2012]
- LL. M, University College London
- B.L, Nigeria Law School
- LL.B (Hons), Ogun State University
Chambers and Partners (Corporate/Commercial – Nigeria):
Clients praise Anuoluwapo Balogun’s “distinct mastery of the law” and ability to “break it down for all to comprehend.” She acts on international acquisition transactions, particularly those involving the UK.