Damilola is a Partner in the Oil and Gas practice of the Firm where he advises on a wide range of matters bordering on project development finance using corporate & project finance structures and related security arrangements.
He is particularly familiar with financing the development of infrastructure projects and has advised on the development of upstream and downstream petroleum assets, refineries, jetties among others. He leads the Technology, Innovation and Fintech practice, which plays a significant role in helping exciting new businesses to thrive.
He has advised top market players in the sector on strategic investments and cutting edge transactions in the Nigerian market.
He understands the various legal, regulatory and business landscapes in the technology space and advises on Business Establishment and Market Entry, Regulatory Compliance, Corporate Structure and Investment, Strategic Partnerships.
- Risks associated with investing in emerging markets – Nigeria in focus, published in Financier Worldwide Magazine, March 2017 (co-authored with Konyin Ajayi SAN and Arnold McEbong)
- Reframing the Picture: Debt Restructuring Options for Local Players in the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry, December 2016, published by Cleary Gottlieb, Steen & Hamilton LLP in Emerging Markets Restructuring Journal, Fall 2016 (co-authored with Maryam Oyebode)
- The Guidelines and Procedures for Obtaining Minister’s Consent to Assignment of Interest in Oil and Gas Assets: A Short Commentary, (co-authored with Mayowa Kalesanwo), June, 2015, published in Oil, Gas & Energy Law Intelligence (OGEL)
- Bringing the House Down: Decommissioning Issues in Nigeria’s Upstream Oil and Gas Sector, August, 2014, published in Oil, Gas & Energy Law Intelligence (OGEL).
- MAP 1-Lagos Business School,
- LL.M- University College, London
- B.L – Nigerian Law School
- LL.B (Hons) – University of Lagos