Olaniwun Ajayi LP is collaborating with the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) and the International Centre for Tax and Development (ICTD) in the sponsorship and hosting of a tax workshop.
The workshop will take place on 29th & 30th June 2017 at Olaniwun Ajayi LP, Adunola House, Plot L2, Banana Island, Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria and it is strictly by invitation.
The theme of the workshop is “Tax Policy Reform and National Development” and topics to be discussed include:
- Legal framework for transnational trade;
- Overview of the G20/Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) proposals;
- Country-by-Country reports and Transfer Pricing Documentation;
- Transfer Pricing – Safe Harbours and other simplified methods;
- Limitations on Interest Deductions;
- Tax Treaty policy and implications of the BEPS Multilateral Instrument;
- Preventing abuse of tax treaties; and
- Highlights of tax reforms in Nigeria – Increasing tax to Gross Domestic Product (GDP) ratio.
Participants are drawn from the private and public sectors across the African continent, including tax practitioners, advisors, lawyers, and administrators.